Besides gaining access to the Members' section of the web site and direct mailing of notices of IFA events worldwide, academic members (professors and students) benefit from significant discounts when registering for IFA events. IFA USA Members automatically become members of the Region where they are based and gain the opportunity to interact with their peers and colleagues in that Region.
Individual Academic Membership
Annual dues for membership in the USA branch are:
• $112.50 Professional educators (Full Time)
• $40.00 Students (Full Time)
Registration fees for academics at the annual conference are discounted by 50 percent.
In the case of full-time academics, the IFA USA Branch will grant financial assistance for United States events in the form of a 50 percent discount on registration fees. If the academic is a speaker at such an event, registration fees will be waived. If the academic is a participant at a joint branch meeting where IFA USA is the host, there will be a 50 percent discount on the registration. If IFA USA is not the host, the branch will attempt to work something out with the host.
Given the restrictive nature of the travel budgets for some academics, up to five registration scholarships for the annual meeting held at the end of February may be granted per year upon application to the chair (Tracy Kaye) of the Academia Committee. The applicant should submit his or her request in writing documenting need and interest to Tracy on or before January 15. Decisions will be made, and applicants contacted, shortly thereafter.
In the case of an International Congress, the branch will pay the registration fees if the academic is a speaker, but not otherwise.
Institutional Academic Membership
Institutional Memberships include:
- Unlimited members on the IFA USA member list, all with access to the members section of the IFA USA website
- Unlimited attendees at IFA USA local and national events at the discounted member fee
- Two individual representatives on the international IFA member list (receive Central IFA communications and have access to the members section of the international website)
- Two individual registrations at the discounted member rate at the annual international IFA Congress
Institutional Membership is offered to academic institutions. Fulltime faculty and all students are eligible to be included on the IFA USA member list.
Annual Fee: $225.00
Click here to join as an individual or institutional member.